Thursday, October 21, 2010

Devil in a blue chair

I walked out of the bank with nothing on my mind but the turkey sandwich waiting for me back at work. I stepped onto the sidewalk when WOOSH!-- I jumped out of the way to avoid being hit by a woman in a motorized wheelchair.
I looked into her eyes. They were two balls of fury, and her cigarette dangled from her cracked lips. (If I was flying down the sidewalk, I'd probably have chapped lips too.)
She huffed as she passed by with her little legs sticking straight out, ready to attack should a pedestrian get in her way.
I let out a sigh of relief. I had just narrowly dodged a speeding bullet.

Other sidewalk sightings of the day:
Woman wearing 3D glasses at night talking to herself. I want to live in her world.

Church sign I liked:
"A person without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder."

No comments:

Post a Comment